Technology

Sunday 20 March 2016

''How my brothers ganged up against me & Jude threatened to slap me'' - Peter Okoye



Peter Okoye had an explosive interview two days ago, before his twin brother Paul Okoye's emotional plea today, and I hope you all are ready to be amazed by all the revealing, messy details he dished out.




Fighting back tears, Peter became the first of the Okoye brothers to approach a media outfit and reveal all that has been a private issue for years. He told Thenet.ng that Psquare fans must understand that this is the end of the band, as they know it.
‘The truth is’, he says, as his daughter Aliona comes in, seeking help to fix her toy, ‘the fans should be happy that we were able to drop the ‘Double Trouble’ album in 2014. What’s happening now should have happened then.
‘The issue was the fact that I was in Psquare and it felt like I was in fear. If I don’t do
this, Psquare will break-up, if I don’t do that, Psquare will scatter.’
To be honest with you, I feel if our mum was still alive, we would have pushed her to her grave with this whole thing. It’s really sad that even with everything going on, I still stand with Paul’.


Peter spoke with Ayeni Adekunle ( TheNet.ng publisher) and Dayo Showemimo ( Thenet.ng Chief correspondent).
Four years ago, I told Jude that he needs to step down as our manager, because I didn’t want to disrespect him as a brother, but this is business, we have to structure it. And Jude said to me that there’s a way I’ll talk to him, and he’ll slap me. So I kept quiet’.
I hear lot of people think it’s all a stunt, and that’s what I really want to put an end to. It’s not a stunt at all. It has been going on for a while’.
‘When Jude didn’t come to my wedding, people started saying we broke up and then others said it’s a stunt, then when Paul posted those lyrics stuff on Instagram people thought it was a stunt too, but the truth is that, this is not and has never been a publicity stunt’.
‘I am telling you the truth, I am moving on because people are already getting tired of this Psquare brouhaha, now I have my manager Olatunde Michaels and I expect everybody to respect that. I am a family man, a musician, singer and dancer, if I don’t move on, Psquare will collapse and there’ll be nothing left’.
‘Already Paul has done two songs without me but no one is saying anything, he did a song with his artiste ‘Muno’ with his name as Rudeboy did they feature me? He did a song with Tiwa Savage, did they feature me?’
Last week Yemi Alade sent me her album track list to help her share on Instagram, guess what I saw, she had a song with Psquare that I didn’t even know about. Only Paul did it.
Because I announced a new management, people feel am the one going solo, but Paul has already gone solo, he’s moved on and didn’t need to announce any new management because he still works with Jude, so I had to announce mine and believe it or not, people are booking me for gigs already’.
‘And guess what, I’ll still perform Psquare songs, nobody can stop me, nobody can stop Paul too, we didn’t have a contract with Jude, so I have the right to perform Psquare songs especially the ones I took part in’.


‘Paul came to me and said if I want Jude to step down it’s not a problem, but it’ll mean that he (Paul) will go solo. The first time word got out about Psquare breaking up, a lot of people called us, senators, governors, and people like that.
In fact three of us were once in a private jet to go and see someone who wanted to resolve our issues and we didn’t speak to each other all through the flight. At the end of the day, I swallowed my pride for peace to reign and allowed Jude to remain as our manager’.
‘I and Paul stay together in this estate and the last time I saw him was about a week ago.’

''But you live in the same premises. Why is this so?'' - Thenet.ng asked him



Truth is, I’ve not been in talking terms with Paul since December 2015 and that was why I travelled in January because I had a lot on my mind. Something happened at Mavin Studios last year that broke my heart.
Now listen to this, Psquare featured o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in comments are those of the comment writers alone and does not reflect or represent the views of Hassan Damilola.